Friday, March 7, 2008

Another McKim flower





This is my most recent cane, another one based on the designs of Ruby S. McKim. I am very pleased with this one! I love how the colors pop, and the design definitely says "Pansy" The large one will be used for pins and large pendants. The small one will be used to make beads in various sizes, to be used for necklaces, earrings and charms.

I am going to have to pop into Lindly's blog, and answer her question about using "yellow" in Jewelry, with a YES! LOL

This is the last new cane for spring, although I do have a number of other designs I wanted to make. I just ran out of time! I leave for my next round of shows on March 23, and then I have 3 shows within a 6-week period. Not only that, but also these are 3 of my top 5 shows of the year!

So now, I start what I call panic mode! I will work night and day until I leave, slicing and baking, making beads, stringing necklaces (my Daughter's job, but I do the finishing) and assembling earrings and such. I do have a couple of girls who help with the earrings. My husband does all the gluing, pricing, and packaging that needs to be done.

People ask me how much inventory I bring to shows, well I am not really that organized. I always say I am going to start planning better, but never do. SO! I will make as much as I can get done. Then I will bring with me extra beads and supplies, and while at the shows, will put together things as they are requested.



Until next time
Jenny P

http://www.quiltedinclay.com/

8 comments:

Kathi said...

Jenny, that is drop dead beautiful! I love it. I may just have to get something made with it....if you put any in your store :)

Jenny Patterson said...

Hi Kathy
I have to get some product made first! Then it will go on the web site! And yes it will be there eventually!
Thanks

Susan Turney said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I know it will be a big hit at your shows!

Sue C said...

Hi Jenny, you do such beautiful work and this one is outstanding, I love the colors. My DH has a question, though, is the pansy on the upper left corner supposed to be facing the corner rather than the center like the rest of them? I hadn't even noticed until he asked. Hugs, Sue C

Jenny Patterson said...

:chuckle: I knew I would get questions about that! When I make this cane in to brooches and pendants, I usually put them on point, like a diamond. I thought that this way, I would not have one flower upside down, on the finished pieces! But it does look odd when you just see the slice off the cane. I will put a pic of the finished pin up, when I get some done.

Unknown said...

Hey Mom, Ed and I love the new quilt. The funny thing is we were discussing the pansy in the upper left corner (before I actually read the blog) and Ed suggested that maybe you intended it to be in the shape of a diamond instead of a square. Then I read the blog and had to tell him he was right (again) :)

Jenny Patterson said...

:chuckle: Hey there kiddo! Don't you hate it when they (men) are right, and you HAVE to admit it!

Pamela said...

Jenny, I just came back from the Lancaster Quilt show and bought some buttons from your booth - very comfy floor BTW, it makes you feel like lingering longer over your display!
I picked up some of your "yellow and purple" flower buttons. I thought they were irises but now find out they are pansies. Either way they are beautiful!