Monday, December 10, 2007

Just a normal day


Today was just a normal day. The new Log Cabin made it to the web site. http://www.quiltedinclay.com/products/jewelry/quilted_jewelry3.htm#
These colors are brighter than my normal colors, but you have to leave the box sometimes.
I filled orders that came in over the weekend. Of course I was out of some of the things. Someday I will get that part right, so I can just ship without having to make! LOL


I also did a little bit of paperwork, my contract for the Minnesota show came in. YES! The Minnesota show is one I have to apply for each year. And since they get a LOT of applications, I never know from year to year if I will be one selected. This will be my 10th year at the Minnesota quilt show. Which was my very first venture into the larger quit shows. Up until that time I had only sold my product at small local art and craft shows. I must say it was a memorable experience! I really didn't know what I was getting it too. I was unaware that up until this point there was very little jewelry based on quilts.

My first day at this show, I almost sold out, And I had 2 more days to go! In fact I had already sold more product at this show, in one day, than I had sold TOTAL at my best craft show. I ended up calling home, my oldest daughter then drove the 4 hours to where the show was at. She brought me all my tools, my canes, my oven etc. I spent that night, until the wee hours of the morning.(4am I think) Making things, packaged them and brought them to the show.

The next day my daughter helped customers, I hid my toaster oven under my table, and demonstrated. The demonstration also allowed me to to create custom things for my customers. Which I then baked in the oven under the table. LOL I was literally selling "Hot out of the oven!"

At the end of the show, I went home with 2 small shoe boxes of inventory.

I still have customers who come to me and tell me they remember that first show! And how I was overwhelmed with the response. I decided that I had found my niche, and am still in it.


JennyP
PS I can't forget to mention, my DH and I are celebrating 31 years of marriage today! Boy that went fast!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Mazel Tov on the 31 years Jenny!