Thursday, February 7, 2008

Remnants

One of the benefits of making canes are remnants. And I call them remnants because in MY head scrap is something you throw away! Think about it, you don't go to a carpet store to buy a scrap piece of carpet, you buy a REMNANT!


So in the past week I made a cane to fill in a gap in my inventory. The original block is a black and almond Log Cabin block. Click on any of the images to see a larger version.

Log Cabin  single block
After making the original block I combined 16 of them together to make a complex log cabin cane. The original block will be used for earrings, and the complex cane for pins and large pendant necklaces.
Complex log cabin

When the complex cane was done, I decided to play a bit. I started again with the original log cabin cane, and morphed them into some Kalideoscope canes. WHAT FUN!! I love how they turned out! But I am not sure how I am going to use them yet.

Kalideoscopes

If you make canes you know that when the canes are finished you are left with a table full of Remnants. These can be used many ways, this week I chose to make them into hearts and barrettes. I made all of the ones in the pictures below, and I STILL have remnants on my table!

Remnant hearts

Remnant barrettes


I decided It was time to move on, so the remainder of the remnants are going into a zip lock, to play with later!

Cya!
Jenny P

http://www.quiltedinclay.com/

3 comments:

Jen said...

WOW, that's all I can say!! WOW!! Those are really, really awesome!

Jenny Patterson said...

Thank you! Now if I can just decide WHAT to do with the K'scope canes!

Kathi said...

those are some beautimous remnants and K canes. yummers.