Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Catching up

After a show there is always the catching up phase! First there is the 3' tall pile of mail to sort through. Most of it usually is junk, but of course there are goodies in it!

The mail gets sorted, then it's time to do the receipts. Every receipt from the trip needs to get posted into my accounting software. Then I have to post my monies received, and then pay all the bills. This usually takes a day or two, depending on how long I was gone, and how fast I work! Most of that is done now, I do have a few odds and ends yet.


Then it's time to gather up all my info for the tax lady. I know a LOT of people do their own taxes, personally I could do it, but my time is better spent creating. What the tax lady can do in an hour, would take me 4!

reduceratornolabel525w

I got a pressie in the mail today! I had ordered a "REDUCERATOR Deluxe" from Wes at http://www.custommadebeads.com/ It is a tool to help in reducing my square canes. It uses acrylic rods with an acrylic base. Now I have used the rods for years, in fact I sell them on my web site. But I have just used my table top, which has a dip in it, and is a pain to try to keep my canes square on. I am hoping this tool will help with that! It will be a nice addition to my collection of reducing rods.

Speaking canes, I have 2 that I started while demonstrating at the show. I plan on getting to them later today. Making more of each, and finishing them all up.

CYA

Jenny P

No comments: