Monday, November 26, 2007

After the holiday!

Whew, Now I can take a breath! Thanksgiving weekend here was nuts, I never even had time to check my email! First off, on T-day itself, I played caterer. Originally I was going to have the meal at my house. But more and more of the family decided they were coming, and my house just isn't large enough. So it was decided that my parents would host the event, (for me 30 miles one way) and I would cook! Since my oldest DD, and one of my sisters were coming from the Twin Cities area, about a 6 hour drive for them. We had the meal at 4pm. It worked out great.

Because we are such a large group, and can't get all together at christmas, we celebrate our extended family christmas over thanksgiving. So on Friday we trucked back to the parents house. By this time the rest of the neices and nephews had made the drive up from the cities, so there were 24 of us. We had supper, and then exchanged our white elephant gifts. (a family tradition)

Saturday it was another trip back to my parents house! We had our christmas dinner then did our gift exchange. Because it is to much work for my mom to do all that cooking, my siblings and I all bring portions of the meal.

Sunday was my Mother in laws 84th birthday, so we again trucked out of the house and went to town. Met up with my DH's brother and his family, and all went out to eat at Applebee's for lunch. My oldest DD had to leave early and drive the 6 hours back to her home. I got home last night and collasped on the sofa!

It was great to see Amy, (#1 DD) we never seem to have enough time together! Now with Errin (#2DD) working as a traveling Respitory Therapist, planning the holiday's is getting harder and harder. This year Errin is in Pennsylvania, and it looks like she will have to work over Christmas, so will be flying home the weekend of December 7th. But Amy and her partner (Ed) can't get here that weekend. They will be coming Friday December 21, and leaving on Sunday December 23. Planning this christmas is gonna be difficult!! It looks like 3 separate small celebrations, one for each of the older girls. And one here on Christmas with Tena! Poor Tena as the tag along, feels like she loses out on family things. Because her older sisters now have their own lives! I don't blame her.

On to business:
Today I have booth contracts to fill out and send checks in for. Every time I do this I feel like I am gambling! In a way I am, I don't know if I will have enough product, or the right product for the show next April! What I think is good today, might not look so good in 5 months! I am also going through my supplies, and ordering in more findings, boxes, etc. I have some orders to fill, that came in over the weekend. Maybe if I am still awake after all that, I will finish up the canes I started during my demo's in Houston and Schaumburg.

Sometime this week I am going to take time to play with some new ideas. I am also going to take 2 days to sew in the near future. I have a lot of sewing projects waiting for me to get to them! I like sewing shirts and jackets, using some of the wonderful fabrics I find at quilt shows. And just can't resist!

Jenny P

2 comments:

Charlene "Cat" Therien said...

Wow Jen, that sounds like a hectic but wonderful Thanksgiving/Christmas string of celebrations! On the one hand all that back-and-forth can be stressful but I'll bet it was all worth it.

Jenny Patterson said...

OH yes, it was worth it! With all of the grandkids growing up, it is going to be harder and harder to get us all together. On top of that, my parents are aging. It's hard on them to have a house full of people for days on end. The problem is, that none of us kids has a house big enough to handle the crowd.