Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Just catching up

I spent last night, until about 2AM and most of this morning, working on filling in my inventory. I had more orders come in, where I needed to make the items. I decided that as long as I was making one, I could just as easily make 12! A better way to utilize my time. The DH just ran off to the post office with about 15 packages. And I still have 2 orders to finish up, and one I am waiting on billing information for.

Some day I am going to have a new studio, and office area. When pulling orders, and getting ready for shows, all my inventory gets spread out in the dining room. My kitchen counter was full, of packages waiting for sales receipts. Then UPS came with cases of bubble envelopes, and boxes I had ordered. It's been like an obstacle course the last couple of days. I really need some new spaces, one dedicated studio, an office for bookeeping, a place for dirty work like sanding and drilling. And then a packaging and shipping spot. ...................sigh............someday!

As for now, the shipping supplies, extra boxes and such things, have been packed away in the sunporch again. The inventory is still in the diningroom, and will stay there temporarily.

Tonight, I am going to finish up my demo canes! I need new product up on the web site.

Jenny P
Back to "Quilted in Clay" http://www.quiltedinclay.com/

No comments: