Monday, November 19, 2007

First blog

Ok so I bit the bullet and decided it was time to start rambling! I am not sure what I will use this blog for yet. Maybe just to put in notes about what is happening in my life as a professional polymer clay artist. Maybe I will include rambles that hit me while I am doing production. Maybe I will include notes and such about my family. We will see what comes out.

Today I am going to be busy filling orders. While I was away at the Houston and Schaumburg shows, a number of them came in. Of course about 1/2 of them were for items that I sold out on! Good thing I have cane left, and can fill in the gaps.

The thing is.......I came home with a ton of new ideas I want to try out! Doing the orders, means I can't play! But hopefully, once the orders are done, I will get time!

Of course Thanksgiving is on thursday, my Oldest DD is coming home for 4 days over the weekend. And the rest of my family is going to be around too. I am the oldest of 5 kids, between us there are 19 grand kids, and 1 great grandkid. As we are all getting older it's harder and harder to get together for holidays. The last couple of years we have had our christmas get together on Thanksgiving weekend. Which is what we are doing this year too. Man! I still have shopping to do! Gifts to wrap, cooking to do.............hmm time to play with new ideas might end up on the back burner again.

Jenny P

3 comments:

Kathi said...

welcome to the world of blogging Jenny. Congrats on the orders!! boo hiss on the new ideas having to go on the back burner. isn't that always the way it happens? I have you on my blog list to read now :D

Jenny Patterson said...

Thanks Kathi! You are my first commentor!

Of course after everything was all set up and done. I decided I messed up on the name! Instead of Polymer rambles, it should have been Quilted in Clay rambles!

The think about things on the back burner...........they tend to burn up and disappear!

Kathi said...

should I feel honored I am the first poster? *g*

either name works Jenny. Heck folks just like to read the blogs of artists!

I have my notebook sitting right beside me and am making notes and sketches of things I want to try when I get back to claying. I am hoping mine won't burn up and disappear! yoikes!